Sunday, June 20, 2010

Home Again

Today, I left Petrozavodsk by bus at 7:50 in the morning and arrived in Vytegra shortly after 2:00. I bought the very last ticket available, so the bus was completely packed and, of course, uncomfortable, but I made it back without mishap. Except when we stopped to ferry across the river and I had to fight a goat for my cookies. I kept the cookies, but now I have a dirty goat hoofprint on my coat and goat slobber on one of my bags. I will never ceased to be amused by the surprises waiting for me in the glubinka.

As if to prove that I was right to come back early, it's been raining the entire day. If I tried to explore more of Petrozavodsk, I'd be soaking wet by now. So, although short, it was a good trip. I think I spent a total of $10 on food, movie tickets, museum admission, and souvenirs yesterday, and today I spent $10 on a bus ticket home, so it was very nearly a free trip as well. And until I leave Vytegra for good, I don't have to ride any more buses! I look forward to a whole week without traveling anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment